Eastminster United Church
Pastoral Care and Seniors Ministry
This position is open to members in good standing of the Order of Ministry in The United Church of Canada, recently retired ministers or those otherwise eligible for presbytery appointments in The United Church of Canada.
The main duties:
- Attend regular meetings of the pastoral Care Team and the Community Visitors.
- Liaise with the Long Term Care Worship Team and provide communion at Hastings Manor (4 times p.a) and other facilities as requested by the Team.
- Visitation – Weekly visitation to Quinte Health Care (Belleville site) and as needed at Trenton Memorial site. Ad hoc visiting as deemed necessary by the Pastoral Care Team to members and adherents on the Pastoral Care list. Emergency and urgent home visitation as requested by member and adherents or referral requests by other members and adherents.
- Develop a strong Senior’s Ministry with opportunities for fellowship, learning, and spiritual growth.
- Regular attendance and periodic participation in the worship services at Eastminster when asked by the Lead Minister.
- In consultation with the Lead Minister, preside at funerals and weddings
This position reports to the Lead Minister and M&P at Eastminster and Kente Presbytery. Please forward a resume to mailto:email@example.com